Recombinant Human Interleukin -1 beta (CRP0885)
|Recombinant Human Interleukin -1 beta
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human IL-1 beta produced in E.coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 153 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 17.3 kDa.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of murine D10S cells is less than 1.0 pg/ml, corresponding to a Specific Activity of 1.0 x 109 IU/mg.
- Less than 1EU/mg of rHuIL-1β as determined by LAL method.
- >98% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/mL. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
Crystal structure of IL-1b (PDB31BI).
- Antigen Description
- IL-1 beta is a proinflammatory cytokine produced in a variety of cells including monocytes, tissue macrophages, keratinocytes and other epithelial cells. Both IL-1 alpha and IL-1 beta binds to the same receptor and has similar if not identical biological properties. These cytokines have a broad range of activities including, stimulation of thymocyte proliferation, by inducing IL-2 release, B-cell maturation and proliferation, mitogenic FGF-like activity and the ability to stimulate the release of prostaglandin and collagenase from synovial cells. However, whereas IL-1 beta is a secreted cytokine, IL-1 alpha is predominantly a cell-associated cytokine.
- interleukin-1 receptor binding;protein binding;signal transducer activity
- IL-1; IL1F2; IL1-BETA; Catabolin;IL-1B;pro-interleukin-1-beta; Interleukin-1 beta precursor; interleukin 1 beta; preinterleukin 1 beta; IL1B_HUMAN.
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.