Recombinant Human Interleukin-16 (CRP0824)
|Recombinant Human Interleukin-16
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human IL-16 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 130 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 13.4 kDa.
- rHuIL-16 is fully biologically active when compared to standard. The ED50 as determined by its ability to chemoattract human CD4+ T lymphocytes using a concentration range of 10.0-100.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a Specific Activity greater than 1.0 x 104 IU/ mg.
- Less than 0.1ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) determined by LAL test.
- >97% as determined by RP-HPLC, FPLC and SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized rHuIL-16 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution rHuIL-16 should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rHuIL-16 in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1i16.
- Antigen Description
- IL-16 is a CD8+ T cell-derived cytokine that induces chemotaxis of CD4+ T cells and CD4+ monocytes and eosinophils. Analysis by gel filtration suggests that, under physiological conditions, human IL-16 exists predominantly as a noncovalently linked multimer, but that some IL-16 may exist as a monomer. However, only the multimeric form appears to possess chemotactic activity, suggesting that receptor cross-linking may be required for activity. IL-16 also induces expression of IL-2 receptor (IL-2R) and MHC class II molecules on CD4+ T cells. Human and murine IL-16 show significant cross-species reactivity.
- cytokine activity; protein binding
- FLJ16806, FLJ42735, FLJ44234, LCF, prIL-16, IL16, Interleukin-16, Lymphocyte Chemoattractant Factor, prIL-16, IL-16, HsT19289 ; interleukin-16 precursor; interleukin 16 (lymphocyte chemoattractant factor)
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.