Recombinant Human Superoxide Dismutase (rh-SOD) (CRP0860)
|Recombinant Human Superoxide Dismutase (rh-SOD)
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Superoxide Dismutase produced in E.coli is a homodimer, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 2 x 154 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 31 kDa.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. The potency per mg was tested by Pyrogallic Acid method and was found to be more than 3,000Units/mg.
- Less than 1EU/μg of rHuSOD as determined by LAL method.
- >85% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8oC, but should be kept at -20o for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8oC. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20oC to -70oC. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <>oC. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1ba9.Available structures: 1azv, 1ba9, 1dsw, 1fun, 1hl4, 1hl5, 1kmg, 1l3n, 1mfm, 1n18, 1n19, 1oez, 1ozt, 1ozu, 1p1v, 1ptz, 1pu0, 1rk7, 1sos, 1spd, 1uxl, 1uxm, 2af2, 2c9s, 2c9u, 2c9v, 2gbt, 2gbu, 2gbv, 2nnx
- Antigen Description
- Human Cu/Zn Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) catalyzes the reaction between superoxide anions and hydrogen to yield molecular oxygen and hydrogen peroxide. The enzyme protects the cell against dangerous levels of superoxide.
- antioxidant activity; chaperone binding; copper ion binding; metal ion binding; oxidoreductase activity; protein homodimerization activity; protein phosphatase 2B binding; superoxide dismutase activity; zinc ion binding
- SOD1; superoxide dismutase 1, soluble; ALS; SOD; ALS1; IPOA; homodimer; SOD, soluble; indophenoloxidase A; Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase; superoxide dismutase, cystolic; EC 126.96.36.199; Superoxide dismutase [Cu-Zn]
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.