Recombinant Human Vascular Endothelial Growth Inhibitor (CRP0807)
|Recombinant Human Vascular Endothelial Growth Inhibitor
- Product Overview
- Recombinant human VEGI-192 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 192 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 21.858 kDa.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant inhibition of the proliferation of HUVEC (Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells) is less than 5μg/ml.
- Less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) of rHuVEGI
- >95% by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC.
- Lyophilized VEGI-192 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution VEGI-192 should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized VEGI-192 in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Antigen Description
- Vascular endothelial growth inhibitor (VEGI; TNFSF-15) is a new member of the tumor necrosis factor family. VEGI is predominantly an endothelial cell-specific gene, and recombinant VEGI is a potent inhibitor of endothelial cell proliferation, angiogenesis and tumor growth. VEGI exerts two activities on endothelial cells: early G1 arrest of G0/G1-cells responding to growth stimuli, and programmed death of proliferating cells. These activities are highly specific to endothelial cells. VEGI is also able to regulate the expression of several important genes involved in angiogenesis. These findings are consistent with the view that VEGI functions as an autocrine cytokine to inhibit angiogenesis and stabilize the vasculature.
- Cytokine activity, Tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- MGC129934; MGC129935; TL1; TL1A; VEGI; VEGI192A; Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 15; Vascular endothelial cell growth inhibitor; TNF ligand-related molecule 1; TNF15; TNFSF15; TL-1; VEGI-192
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.