Recombinant Human beta-Defensin 1 (CRP0866)
|Recombinant Human beta-Defensin 1
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human beta-Defensin 1 produced in E. coli isa single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 47 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 5.0 KDa,.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. Determined by its ability to chemoattract CD34+ dendritic cells using a concentration range of 0.1-1.0 ug/ml.
- Less than 1EU/mg of rHuBD-1 as determined by LAL method.
- >98% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1e4s.
- Antigen Description
- Defensins (alpha and beta) are cationic peptides with a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity that comprise an important arm of the innate immune system. The α-defensins are distinguished from the β-defensins by the pairing of their three disulfide bonds. To date, four human β-defensins have been identified; BD-1, BD-2, BD-3 and BD-4. β-defensins are expressed on some leukocytes and at epithelial surfaces. In addition to their direct antimicrobial activities, they are chemoattractant towards immature dendritic cells and memory T cells. The β-defensin proteins are expressed as the C-terminal portion of precursors and are released by proteolytic cleavage of a signal sequence and, in the case of BD-1 (36 a.a.), a propeptide region. β-defensins contain a six-cysteine motif that forms three intra-molecular disulfide bonds. β-Defensins are 3-5 kDa peptides ranging in size from 33-47 amino acid residues.
- BD1; DEFB-1; DEFB101; HBD1; hBD-1; beta-defensin-1; defensin beta 1; MGC51822; Beta-defensin 1 precursor; BD-1
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.