Recombinant Mouse Fibroblast Growth Factor-acidic (CRP0828)
|Recombinant Mouse Fibroblast Growth Factor-acidic
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human FGF-acidic produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 140 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 15796 Dalton.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of thymidine uptake by 3T3 cells in the presence of heparin was found to be less than 0.5 ng/ml, corresponding to a Specific Activity of 2.0 x 106 IU/ mg.
- Less than 0.1ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) of FGF-acidic.
- >95% as determined by HPLC and SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized rmFGF-acidic although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution rmFGF-acidic should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rmFGF-acidic in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1afc.
- Antigen Description
- FGF acidic, also known as FGF-1, ECGF, and HBGF-1, is a 17 kDa nonglycosylated member of the FGF family of mitogenic peptides. FGF acidic, which is produced by multiple cell types, stimulates the proliferation of all cells of mesodermal origin and many cells of neuroectodermal, ectodermal, and endodermal origin. It plays a number of roles in development, regeneration, and angiogenesis. FGF-acidic is a non-glycosylated heparin binding growth factor that is expressed in the brain, kidney, retina, smooth muscle cells, bone matrix, osteoblasts, astrocytes and endothelial cells. FGF-acidic has the ability to signal through all the FGF receptors.
- growth factor activity; heparin binding
- Dffrx, Fam, Fgf-1, Fgfa, HBGF-1, ECGF-beta, FIBP, FGFIBP, FIBP-1, ECGF, ECGFA, GLIO703, FGF1, FGF-a, Heparin-binding growth factor 1, Acidic fibroblast growth factor, aFGF; ECGFB; FGF-alpha; FGFA; HBGF1; AFGF; Beta-endothelial cell growth factor; Heparin binding growth factor 1 precursor; endothelial cell growth factor alpha; endothelial cell growth factor beta; fibroblast growth factor 1 (acidic); heparin binding growth factor 1
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.