Magic™ Membrane Protein Human TMEM97 (Transmembrane protein 97) (CAT#: MP0009J)
This product is a 20.7 kDa Human TMEM97 membrane protein expressed in HEK293T. The protein is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis.
- Protein Length
- Protein Class
- Molecular Weight
- 20.7 kDa
- Expression Systems
- Anti-DDK affinity column followed by conventional chromatography steps
- > 80% as determined by SDS-PAGE and Coomassie blue staining
- 25 mM Tris.HCl, pH 7.3, 100 mM glycine, 10% glycerol
- Store at +4°C for up to one week or several months at -80°C
- Full Name
- Transmembrane protein 97
- Intracellular orphan receptor that binds numerous drugs and which is highly expressed in various proliferating cancer cells. Corresponds to the sigma-2 receptor, which is thought to play important role in regulating cell survival, morphology and differentiation. Under investigation for its potential diagnostic and therapeutic uses. May play a role as a regulator of cellular cholesterol homeostasis. May function as sterol isomerase. May alter the activity of some cytochrome P450 proteins.
- Alternative Names
- MAC30; sigma intracellular receptor 2; meningioma-associated protein 30; sigma-2 receptor; sigma2 receptor