Whole genome sequencing (WGS) is a key driver for many medical research projects in cancer and complex genetic disorders. Creative Biolabs has established the high-throughput SuPrecision™ platform for large-scale sequencing services. Based on this advanced platform, we can provide the most comprehensive cancer WGS bioinformatics analysis for our global customers.
The Background of Cancer WGSFig.1 A representative Circos plot of cancer genome structure from WGS analysis, which indicates structural variants and copy number alterations in all human chromosomes (Nakagawa & Fujita 2018).
Researchers have found that DNA variations outside the exons can affect gene activity and protein production and lead to genetic disorders--variations that whole exome sequencing would miss. WGS, also known as complete genome sequencing, determines the order of all the nucleotides in an individual's DNA and can determine variations in any part of the genome at a single time. WGS represents the ultimate step in assaying human genetic variation at the base sequence level. The development of WGS, combined with the falling cost of the technology holds great promise for accelerating the delivery of genetic predictors of human diseases and related treatment. Genome sequencing is backed by automated DNA sequencing methods and computer software to assemble the enormous sequence data. It can be divided into four stages: (1) preparation of clones comprising the entire genome of an organism; (2) collection of DNA sequences of clones; (3) generation of contig assembly; and (4) database development. Genome sequencing is the most direct method of detecting mutations, such as single nucleotide polymorphisms and copy number variations. Whole genome sequencing has largely been used as a research tool and has been introduced to clinics. For personalized medicine, whole genome sequence data will be an important tool to guide therapeutic intervention.
Cancer WGS Service in Creative Biolabs
Creative Biolabs uses the advanced SuPrecision™ platform to support researchers all over the world with their genome sequencing needs. Our capabilities include but are not limited to: 1) germline variant detection, 2) somatic variant detection, 3) whole genome re-sequencing, 4) de novo genome assembly, 5) copy number variation, 6) structural variant discovery.
Key Features and Advantages of Cancer WGS Service in Creative Biolabs Including but Not Limited to:
- No PCR amplification bias
- Up to 99.99% accuracy
- Identify potential causative variants
- Detect DNA modifications without bisulfite treatment
- Identify large structural variants
- Phase alleles and variants
- Highly professional Ph.D. level scientists
- Advanced SuPrecision™ platform
Applications of WGS Including but Not Limited to:
- Capture both large and small variants that might otherwise be missed
- Unknown genes can be identified as contributing to a disease state
- Obtain high quality de novo assemblies of large and complex genomes
- The change of genetic predisposition caused by lifestyle or environmental factor can be identified
- Genome information can provide valuable information to create personalized plans to treat cancers
WGS Workflow in Creative Biolabs
Equipped with world-leading technology platforms and professional scientific staff, Creative Biolabs has accumulated rich experience in providing WGS service. We are pleased to use our extensive experience and advanced platform to offer the best WGS service to satisfy each demand from our customers.
Please contact us for more information and a detailed quote.
- Nakagawa, H. & Fujita, M. Whole genome sequencing analysis for cancer genomics and precision medicine. Cancer Sci. 2018, 109(3):513-522.
- Whole Exome Sequencing (WES) Service for Cancer
- Targeted Sequencing Service for Cancer
- Whole Transcriptome Sequencing (WTS) Service for Cancer
- Immune Repertoire Sequencing (Rep-seq) Service for Cancer
- Bioinformatics Analysis Service
- One-stop Service for Cancer 3D Model
- Epigenomics Service
- Three-dimensional (3D) Genomics Service
- Metagenomics Sequencing Service for Cancer