Whole transcriptome analysis has been an important tool in solving biological issues and understanding the molecular mechanisms of many diseases including human cancers. Whole transcriptome sequencing (WTS) is used to reveal the presence and quantity of RNA, in a biological sample under specific conditions. Cancer WTS service in Creative Biolabs enable discovery and profiling of RNAs without prior genome annotation. Our seasoned scientists provide the most accurate detection and quantification of rare RNA sequences and variants.
What is a Transcriptome?Fig 1. Scatterplot of expression of transcripts identified by whole-transcriptome sequencing (Chow et al. 2012).
The transcriptome is the entire set of RNA transcripts in a given cell for a specific developmental stage or physiological condition. RNA is a polymeric molecule implicated in various biological processes, such as the coding, decoding, regulation, and expression of genes. RNA molecules include mRNAs, long non-coding RNA (lncRNAs), circular RNA (circRNAs), microRNA (miRNA), message RNA (mRNA), transfer (tRNA) and ribosomal ribonucleic acid (rRNA).
The Background of Transcriptome Sequencing (RNA-seq)
RNA-seq is an important tool for interpreting the functional elements of the genome as well as for understanding the underlying mechanisms of diverse diseases, especially cancers. Microarray-based gene expression approaches have been used for high-throughput large-scale RNA-level studies, such as to identify differentially expressed genes. However, the application of microarray technologies has been limited by their hybridization-based nature. Advances in massive parallel DNA sequencing technologies have enabled RNA-seq by sequencing of cDNA. RNA-seq is a revolutionary tool with better resolution and higher reproducibility that offers many advantages over the traditional microarray technologies. RNA-seq can be used to extend our knowledge of alternative splicing events, novel genes and transcripts, and fusion transcripts. RNA-seq can also help to understand molecular mechanisms and then it tells about signaling pathways which controls embryonic development. The transcriptome data give researchers a good place to start searching for a newly found gene's function.
Cancer WTS Service in Creative Biolabs
Creative Biolabs offers a suite of services for cancer research, including library preparation, high-throughput sequencing and bioinformatics analysis. The tumor and tumor microenvironment are closely related and interact constantly in patients with cancer. To comprehensively understand the tumor microenvironment, our scientists can provide high-quality tumor microenvironment analysis service by RNA-seq.
Workflow of Cancer WTS Service in Creative Biolabs
Removal of rRNA
Cancer WTS Service in Creative Biolabs Including but Not Limited to:
- mRNA Sequencing
- Small RNA Sequencing
- CircRNA Sequencing
- LncRNA Sequencing
- Exosome RNA Sequencing
- Ultra Low Input RNA Sequencing
- RNA Sequencing for Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) Tissue
Key Features and Advantages of Cancer WTS Service Including but Not Limited to:
- Investigate all RNAs, known and unknown
- Detect novel and rare transcripts and transcript variants
- Long read lengths for full-length transcripts, including low expressed transcripts.
- Allowing the study of isoforms, splice variants and fusion transcripts
Whole transcriptome analysis is of growing importance in understanding how altered expression of genetic variants contributes to cancers. Equipped with world-leading technology platforms and professional scientific staff, Creative Biolabs is dedicated to providing the best cancer WTS service and WTS bioinformatics analysis with our latest technologies.
Please contact us for more information and a detailed quote.
- Yang, I.S. & Kim, S. Analysis of whole transcriptome sequencing data: workflow and software. Genomics Inform. 2015, 13(4):119-25.
- Chow, A.; et al. Whole-transcriptome analysis reveals established and novel associations with TMPRSS2:ERG fusion in prostate cancer. Anticancer Res. 2012, 32(9):3629-41.
- Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) Service for Cancer
- Whole Exome Sequencing (WES) Service for Cancer
- Targeted Sequencing Service for Cancer
- Immune Repertoire Sequencing (Rep-seq) Service for Cancer
- Bioinformatics Analysis Service
- One-stop Service for Cancer 3D Model
- Epigenomics Service
- Three-dimensional (3D) Genomics Service
- Metagenomics Sequencing Service for Cancer