Anti-ALB Protein A Scaffold, Biotin-Conjugated
|Anti-Human HSA Protein A scaffold, Biotin-Conjugated
- Product Overview
- The Anti-HSA Protein A Scaffold molecule binds with high affinity to native albumin from human, mouse and rat serum. The Anti-HSA Protein A Scaffold molecule can be used as capture reagent or detection reagent in ELISA. It is also well suited for affinity chromatography and depletion of HSA from human serum. The Biotin-Conjugated Anti-HSA Protein A Scaffold molecule is biotinylated at a unique C-terminal cysteine using a maleimide-biotin reagent, facilitating immobilization on various streptavidin coated solid supports.
- Species Reactivity
- Expression Host
- E. coli
- ELISA, Affinity chromatography.
- Anti-HSA Protein A scaffold molecule binds to native human serum albumin (HSA) and also to serum albumin of mouse and rat origin.
- Molecular Weight
- 14.0 kDa
- Short-term storage at +4°C is recommended. For long-term storage, the protein solution should be aliquoted and then stored at -20°C.
There is no decrease in performance of the biotinylated Protein A Scaffold molecule after 10 repeated freeze and thaw cycles or afte
- Antigen Description
- Human serum albumin (HSA), a soluble, monomeric protein, is the most abundant protein in human serum. Normal levels are 40-60 mg/ml HSA in blood; however the amount of HSA decreases upon infection. HSA acts primarily as a carrier protein for steroids, fatty acids and thyroid hormones, and it stabilizes extracellular fluid volume. Serum albumin is produced by the liver as pre-proalbumin and it is cleaved twice before secretion.
- Serum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
- Gene ID
- PRO0883; PRO0903; PRO1341; DKFZp779N1935; ALB; serum albumin; OTTHUMP00000160370; OTTHUMP00000196832; OTTHUMP00000220435; OTTHUMP00000220436; OTTHUMP00000220438; OTTHUMP00000220439; growth-inhibiting protein 20; cell growth inhibiting protein 42
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us