Anti-IGHG1 Protein A Scaffold
|Anti-Human IgG Protein A scaffold
- Product Overview
- The Anti-IgG Protein A Scaffold molecule binds with high affinity to human IgG of IgG1, IgG2 and IgG4 subclasses which comprise 92-98% of total IgG in a normal individual. The Anti-IgG Protein A Scaffold molecule is well suited for affinity chromatography, depletion of IgG from human serum and can be used as a detection reagent in a variety of assays. The Anti-IgG Protein A Scaffold molecule is modified with a unique C-terminal cysteine for directed single-point chemical modification, facilitating labeling with fluorescent dyes, biotin or coupling to matrices.
- Species Reactivity
- Expression Host
- E. coli
- Affinity Chromatography.
- Anti-IgG Protein A scaffold molecule binds to the Fc part of IgG from several species; human; mouse; rabbit and monkey (Rhesus) with similar binding preferences as Protein A in terms of sub-class specificities.
- Molecular Weight
- 14.1 kDa
- At +4°C is recommended for lyophilized protein. For reconstituted protein in physiologi- cal buffer, short-term storage at +4°C is recommended. For long-term storage, the protein solution should first be aliquoted and stored frozen at -20°C.
There is no d
- Antigen Description
- Immunoglobulin G (IgG), is one of the most abundant proteins in human serum with normal levels between 8-17 mg/ml in adult blood. IgG is important for our defence against microorganisms and the molecules are produced by B-lymphocytes as a part of our adaptive immune response. The IgG molecule has two separate functions; to bind to the pathogen that elicited the response and to recruit other cells and molecules to destroy the antigen. The variability of the IgG pool is generated by somatic recombination and the number of specificities in an individual at a given time point is estimated to be 1011 variants.
- Antigen binding; protein binding.
- Gene ID
- immunoglobulin heavy constant gamma 1 (G1m marker); IGHG1; Ig gamma 1 chain C region; Immunoglobin heavy constant gamma 1; Immunoglobulin G; IgG
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us