Anti-mapt Antibody (MOM-18495)
|Recombinant Anti-Human mapt Antibody
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Mouse Antibody binds selectively to Human MAPT, expressed in Chinese Hamster Ovary cells(CHO)
- Purified bovine microtubule associated proteins.
- Suitable for use in Neut, FuncS, ELISA, FC and most other immunological methods.
- Specific Activity
- Tested positive against native antigen.
- Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
- Store at -20°C for long-term storage. Store at 2-8°C for up to one month. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
- Antigen Description
- Promotes microtubule assembly and stability, and might be involved in the establishment and maintenance of neuronal polarity. The C-terminus binds axonal microtubules while the N-terminus binds neural plasma membrane components, suggesting that tau functions as a linker protein between both. Axonal polarity is predetermined by tau localization (in the neuronal cell) in the domain of the cell body defined by the centrosome. The short isoforms allow plasticity of the cytoskeleton whereas the longer isoforms may preferentially play a role in its stabilization.
- SH3 domain binding; apolipoprotein E binding; enzyme binding; lipoprotein particle binding; microtubule binding; protein binding; structural constituent of cytoskeleton;
- MAPT; microtubule-associated protein tau; DDPAC, MAPTL; FLJ31424; FTDP 17; G protein beta1/gamma2 subunit interacting factor 1; MGC138549; microtubule associated protein tau; isoform 4; MSTD; MTBT1; MTBT2; PPND; tau; TAU; PHF-tau; paired helical filament-tau; neurofibrillary tangle protein; microtubule-associated protein tau, isoform 4; G protein beta1/gamma2 subunit-interacting factor 1; DDPAC; MAPTL; FTDP-17
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.