Magic™ Membrane Protein Human ACSL3 (acyl-CoA synthetase long chain family member 3) (CAT#: MP0231J)
This product is a 80.2 kDa Human ACSL3 membrane protein expressed in HEK293T. The protein is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis.
- Protein Length
- Protein Class
- Molecular Weight
- 80.2 kDa
- Expression Systems
- Anti-DDK affinity column followed by conventional chromatography steps
- > 80% as determined by SDS-PAGE and Coomassie blue staining
- 25 mM Tris.HCl, pH 7.3, 100 mM glycine, 10% glycerol
- Store at +4°C for up to one week or several months at -80°C
- Full Name
- acyl-CoA synthetase long chain family member 3
- The protein encoded by this gene is an isozyme of the long-chain fatty-acid-coenzyme A ligase family. Although differing in substrate specificity, subcellular localization, and tissue distribution, all isozymes of this family convert free long-chain fatty acids into fatty acyl-CoA esters, and thereby play a key role in lipid biosynthesis and fatty acid degradation. This isozyme is highly expressed in brain, and preferentially utilizes myristate, arachidonate, and eicosapentaenoate as substrates. The amino acid sequence of this isozyme is 92% identical to that of rat homolog. Two transcript variants encoding the same protein have been found for this gene.
- Alternative Names
- ACS3; FACL3; LACS3; LACS 3; PRO2194