Recombinant Anti-TDP-43 Mab (HOM-19474)
|Recombinant Human Anti-Human TDP-43 Monoclonal Antibody
- Product Overview
- Recombinant humanized antibody expressed in CHO binding to human TDP-43.
- ELISA, WB, IHC, FCM, IP, IF. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Molecular Weight
- 145.41 kDa
- >95.0% as determined by analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Store it under sterile conditions at -20 °C upon receiving. Recommend to pack the antibody into smaller quantities for optimal storage.
- Samples are stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at - 20°C and are stable for six months at 4 °C.
- Antigen Description
- The TARDBP gene provides instructions for making a protein called transactive response DNA binding protein 43 kDa (TDP-43). This protein is found within the cell nucleus in most tissues and is involved in many of the steps of protein production. The TDP-43 protein attaches (binds) to DNA and regulates an activity called transcription, which is the first step in the production of proteins from genes. This protein can also bind to RNA, a chemical cousin of DNA, to ensure the RNA's stability. The TDP-43 gene is involved in processing molecules called messenger RNA (mRNA), which serve as genetic blueprints for making proteins. By cutting and rearranging mRNA molecules in different ways, the TDP-43 protein controls the production of different versions of certain proteins. This process is known as alternative splicing. The TDP-43 can influence various functions of a cell by regulating protein production. The TARDBP gene is particularly active (expressed) during early development before birth when new tissues are forming. Many of the proteins whose production is influenced by the TDP-43 protein are involved in neuronal and organ development.
- DNA binding; RNA binding; double-stranded DNA binding; mRNA 3-UTR binding; nucleotide binding; protein binding; sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity;
- TARDBP; TAR DNA binding protein; TAR DNA-binding protein 43; ALS10; TDP 43; TAR DNA-binding protein-43; TDP-43;
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.