Bacillus anthracis Vaccines

Creative Biolabs is a world leader in the field of bacterial vaccine development. With our extensive experience and advanced platform, we are therefore confident in offering the best services for vaccine development against anthrax caused by Bacillus anthracis and guarantee the finest results for our customers all over the world.

Bacillus anthracis Vaccines - Creative Biolabs

Bacillus anthracis (B. anthracis) is a large gram-positive, endospore-forming, aerobic, rod-shaped bacterium, with a width of 1.0-1.2 µm and a length of 3-5 µm. It is the etiologic cause of anthrax and is the only obligate pathogen within the genus bacillus. B. anthracis can be found naturally in soil of grazing areas and commonly affects domestic and wild animals around the world. Humans can get sick after infection if they breathe in spores, eat food or drink water that is contaminated with spores, or get spores in a cut or scrape in the skin. Most infections of anthrax are cutaneous (95%), the remaining cases are inhalational (5%) and gastrointestinal (< 1%).

The Commercial Anthrax Vaccines

There is a vaccine available which was developed from an attenuated strain of B. anthracis. The vaccine derives from the cell-free culture filtrate of this strain and is adsorbed onto an aluminum salt. A well-controlled clinical trial used an anthrax vaccine with a vaccine efficacy level of 92.5% based on the results that no cases of inhalation anthrax occurred in anthrax vaccine recipients. It is suitable for active immunization for the prevention of disease caused by B. anthracis, in persons aged 18-65 years at high risk of exposure. In addition, there are still several anthrax vaccines under development.

Subunit Anthrax Vaccine

Anthrax toxin may also contribute to protection, readily obtained from culture supernatants of toxin-producing strains of B. anthracis, which is composed of edema factor (EF), protective antigen (PA), and lethal factor (LF). Therefore, there is significant effort towards developing an improved vaccine against B. anthracis. Scientists separately engineered and expressed domain 4 of PA (PAD4) and domain 1 of lethal factor (LFD1) as fusions to lichenase (LicKM), a thermostable enzyme from Clostridium thermocellum, and transiently expressed these fusions in Nicotiana benthamiana. Plant-produced antigens were combined and immunogenicity was evaluated in mice. All animals that received the experimental vaccine developed high antibody titers that were predominantly IgG1 and were able to neutralize the effects of LeTx in vitro.

Killed Whole Cell Anthrax Vaccine

A novel whole-bacterial-cell anthrax vaccine utilizing B. anthracis that is killed but metabolically active (KBMA) was under development. Strains are asporogenic and nucleotide excision repair deficient were engineered by deleting the spoIIE and uvrAB genes, rendering B. anthracis extremely sensitive to photochemical inactivation with S-59 psoralen and UV light.

DNA Vaccine

PA-encoding DNA vaccines could achieve the longer-lasting immunity than a protein-based vaccine. Work toward a DNA vaccine for anthrax has included demonstration of the generation of an anti-PA immune response in mice, rats, and rabbits. In an attempt to enhance the intensity of the immune response to the antigen targets, the co-administration of LF-encoding DNA alongside the PA-encoding DNA yielded higher IgG and toxin-neutralizing antibody responses than when either target was administered alone.

Creative Biolabs is a highly proactive, robust, and diversified company with a strong, scientifically-proven background of bacterial vaccine development. We have experts who are able to help you with the vaccine development against anthrax caused by Bacillus anthracis. If you are interested in our services, please contact us for more details.


Our services are for research use only. We do not provide services directly to individuals.


Online Inquiry

Name:
*Phone:
*E-mail Address:
*Products or Services Interested:
Project Description:
*Verification Code:
Verification code
Click image to refresh the verification code.

CONTACT US

USA
45-1 Ramsey Road, Shirley, NY 11967, USA
Tel: 1-631-466-5530
Fax: 1-631-207-8356
Email:
Europe
UK - Germany
Email:


Follow us on

facebook   twitter   linked   blog

Shopping Basket